Best Practices in Rev development

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 19 12:46:59 EDT 2007

Devin Asay wrote:

> One of the things I introduced last Fall was a list of "Best
> Practices" for beginning Revolution developers. It was inspired in
> part by an excellent presentation by Jerry Daniels at RevCon 06.

It was a good year for "Best Practices" sessions; Ken and I did our
second annual one under the fashionable term "Design Patterns".  :)

Well, in all fairness it was more than fashion:  we limited the '06
presentation to the subset of best practices which have resulted in
commonly-used patterns, in some cases calling attention to related
anti-patterns.

I've been meaning to collect our notes from both years into an article
on revJournal, but I've had so much client work that sort of time hasn't
been easy to come by.

In the meantime, I've been maintaining the Script Style Guide for a
number of years, which might make a useful link for "second semester"
details from your excellent page:

<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/scriptstyle.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin