For Each Anomaly

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 19 11:08:23 EDT 2007

Dave wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2007, at 15:51, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> The behavior is as described in the docs (see the Dictionary entry
>> for "repeat").
>>
>> Please consider closing the "bug" report.  Somewhere between a
>> fourth and a third of all entries in Bugzilla are noise, either
>> reports submitted in error, or duplicates of other reports, or
>> similar misunderstandings.  The larger BZ is the harder it gets to
>> wade through.  Thanks.
>
> Sounds like just the right time to throw it away and put in a better
> way of reporting, monitoring and fixing bugs!

They must be psychic:  Bill Marriott already convinced RunRev to do just
that.  Those who use the QA system have seen a completely new
streamlined and easier to use interface.

In this I don't think any such improvements in the server software will
make a difference:  this is an issue with user-generated content being
put into the database.  The database UI has changed, but it still
doesn't force people to read the docs and look for related posts before
posting.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal