create field on specific positoin

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 19 03:11:47 EDT 2007

Hi Matthias

You could try the the following

Create your three fields, size them and apply any formatting you need.
Name each field X_1; X_2; X_3 as 'X' will contain your line number
Correctly position the fields relative to each other, as they would
appear on your card, and group them.
Now hide the group.

Now all you need do is

-- tXord is the X coordinate of your first line's group
-- tYord is the Y cordinate

put the number of lines in myTextFile into tNumberOfLines
put 20 into theDistanceBetweenLines -- this value is determined by the
height of your field and the distance you want between them

Repeat with theNextLine = 1 to tNumberOfLines

clone group "myhiddengroup"
set the name of  the last group to "Line"&theNextLine -- rename your
group eg Line 7 or Line 3?
set the loc of the last group to tXord, tYord +
thedistancebetweenLines -- put it into position you will need to
-- ungroup -- insert this command if you want the fields separated

repeat with theNextField = 1 to 3
set the name of field "X_"&theNextField to theNextLine"&"_&"1" --
renames X_1 to theLineNumber_1
end repeat
end repeat

This is rough untested code. I assumed that your lines will form
columns on screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ian McKnight

On 19/06/07, runrev260805 at m-r-d.de <runrev260805 at m-r-d.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i need to create several fields, 3 at a line, from a script. The number of fields depends on the number of lines a textfile contains. Each field then must contain an item of the text file. Excatly said, 3 items of each line of the text file have to be put into the 3 fields.
> Creating the fields from within the script should be no problem.
>
> My problem is, i do not know:
>
> How can i place the fields automatically on a specific postion, so i have 3 fields on each line?
>
> How would you name them, so they could be accessed later.?
> e.g.   Field_1_3    should mean field from line 1, which contains item 3 from line 1 of the textfile
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Regards

Ian