check for updates button

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Jun 16 10:44:07 EDT 2007

Hi Robert,

It's a question that may need a long answer: it depends on the way
your app works: with separate stacks you can replace or not.
Are they libs or GUI stacks, etc.

But to get you started:
If you use the 'splash screen' app scheme (with separate stacks) it's
easy to download new ones that will be operational at relaunch.
Sure, you will prompt the user to do so if needed.
If the whole stuff is in your app, that's more difficult: prefer the
above solution.
All is possible: even to have an alternate app that will be able to
relaunch the new one if you download it (that's the way many apps
work like Firefox for instance)
But Rev allows to separate the engine from the GUI stuff: prefer
that ;-)

Not sure if that helps or asks questions...

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.