problem deleting cards in v2.8.1?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 15 17:54:53 EDT 2007

Jim Ault wrote:

> On 6/15/07 12:44 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>>> Once again, out of curiosity, when an HC stack is converted, do the
>>> backgrounds get converted to groups? So far, I have only thought in
>>> terms of using groups to emulate backgrounds in new Rev stacks.
>>
>> It's been a few years since I opened an HC stack in Rev, but if I recall
>> HC's background is converted to a Rev shared group, and if there's
>> anything in HC's background image layer it becomes a background image in
>> the new group.
> The other issues would be :
> is the group placed on any cards?

Well it doesn't go to all that trouble for nothing. :)

Yes, the background group is placed on all cards which had shared that
background in HC.

> is the group set to 'behave as background'?

Yes, otherwise it couldn't be shared.

> if two backgrounds have the same name (but not id of course) does that
> confuse Rev/the user?

No more (nor less) than it would confuse HC/the user.

> Didn't JLGay do a stack or something on HC Conversions?

Yep: http://www.hyperactivesw.com/mctutorial/index.html

For the most part, in the conversions I'd done back in the day the
issues we ran into were cosmetic.  The object model and the scripting
language are so compatible that most things ran as soon as we opened them.

The biggest area where things bogged down was HC's dependence on
externals, for everything from palettes to color to sorting and more.
Those all required work, but in all cases in work here we never had to
write or even recompile an external; everything HC needed externals fort
on these projects could be done in scripting in Rev.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal