"share text" behavior of a pop-Up menu included in a background

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 20:49:07 EDT 2007

> In a stack, I have a group (with background behavior set to true)
> including a pop-up menu button.
> Contrarily to what I thought (probably it's the first time I am
> including a pop-Up menu in a background), I just discovered that the
> behavior of such a button is similar to those of a « 'share text
> field ».
> If I set the label of the button to such Item on one card, this same
> label is displayed on all cards with the background.
>
> I suppose I have to use a field (with don't share text) instead,
> unless there is a mean to get a « non Share Label pop-Up menu" in a
> background ??

I'm not sure David answered quite what Andre was asking. My guess
would be that Andre wants popup menu buttons that can show different
selected text on different cards sharing the same background. As far
as I know, you cannot do this automatically. You need to store the
current selection in a hidden field or custom property and apply that
to the popup in a preOpenCard handler.

HTH,
Sarah