Impressed: it has been years since I've been hacked this well :(

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 14 20:34:08 EDT 2007

David Bovill wrote:
> About an hour ago - while I was working at home, my Mac started to talk to
> me - Matrix style. Well not exactly talk, but play movie clips, or at least
> the sound of movie clips. A well judged selection of movies referring to
> paranoia, security and well - computer viruses. Now I thought I knew a
> little about this - but most definitely not. I am on OSX, with all the
> latest security patches - no trace of Microsoft software and no temptation
> to.. well to do stuff i shouldn't. A clean computer. behind a firewall,
> built into a recent router - though I have no idea what sort of firewall....
> and someone is playing me video files and quite possibly listening into
> every word I type.

Possible but not likely.  An exploit like that would have been big news
by now.  This seems a very targeted attack focused on you, and perhaps
more narrowly applied than it might seem:  got any roommates?  By
description this sounds like a locally-installed prank.

What's the name of the process, where is it is installed on the drive,
and what is it's mod date?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation