Printing an Image

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue Jun 12 18:13:16 EDT 2007

As a further clarification for those of us who like to "understand";
not just have something "work"; Think back to all of the programs
that create a "print spool". They are just creating an image in
memory of what is normally being seen on the screen and then using
that "memory" image to do the printing. As Jacque was indicating,
absolutely no need for anything to be visible in order to print it.
In fact, since we usually see things at a 72 dpi resolution on our
screens, this translation is absolutely necessary if we are to print
at the much higher resolutions available with today's printers.

Joe Wilkins