Problem with Browser Sampler Stack in Rev/Mac 2.8.1

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 14:11:25 EDT 2007

--- Bob Warren <bobwarren at howsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all those who replied telling me the kinds
> of Mac Minis they
> have. However, that the idea of "Mac Mini" (Intel or
> not) is at the root
> of my problem was only a hypothesis on my part, and
> it seems that it is
> probably not the cause.
>
> [snip]
>
> 1. EVERYBODY USING REVOLUTION 2.8.1, PLEASE TRY
> RUNNING THE EXAMPLE
> STACK "Browser Sampler.rev".
>
> Using Rev/Mac 2.8.1, it can be found at:
> 2.8.1-gm-1/Resources/Examples within the Revolution
> folder.
>
> Using Windows, I can't tell you where it is because
> I don't have #2.8.1.
>
> 2. IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE AT ALL RUNNING THIS
> STACK, PLEASE TELL US:
> (a) Exactly what platform you are using
> (b) The details of the machine in use.

Earlier today, I played with the Browser Sampler stack
on WinXP+IE7, and didn't encounter any problems. Also
tried the example stack on Win2K+IE6, and didn't bump
into any problems either.

I just opened the Browser Sampler stack on my iMac/G5
OSX 10.4.9
- the button on the first screen worked fine
- when I tried to open the PDF example, Rev crashed
I reopened Revolution
- skipped the button on the first card
- the PDF example opened fine now
- the Flash example opened without a problem
- the simple browser and navigation cards worked fine
- the domain constraint example actually let me go to
the smurf.com website, but the next click in that site
gave the expected message (so there might be a problem
with the first time 'browserBeforeNavigate' is sent
(this needs more research)
- selected text card worked fine
- thumbnail card worked fine
- two browsers card worked fine
No crashes during that walkthrough.

Safari was open at the same time, so I could type this
reply.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution