OT: Re: A rather long anecdote about upgrading

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jun 5 02:05:05 EDT 2007

FYI,

For WinXP, I like AVG- the free edition. Been using it for years with no
problems.

I'm not too big on Ram resident utils, but I am especially fond of:

AutoDialogs - Like Boomerang used to be for Macs. Worth the price. Also
check out their free download accelerator "Download Express" - best one I've
found.
http://www.metaproducts.com/default.asp

NetMeter - let's me see how fast my uploads and downloads are in a very
small window which I place at the top of my screen. FREE
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Sizer - Can resize a window to a preset size. Useful for setting up programs
when they launch to a certain window size. FREE
http://www.brianapps.net/

Allway Sync - IMO, the best file/folder LAN sync software out there.
Definitely worth the price.
http://allwaysync.com/

FolderShare - Sync files/folders between PC's (and Macs) over the internet.
Rock solid and FREE.
https://www.foldershare.com/