Quotes become @ in Win32

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 03:55:49 EDT 2007

FlexibleLearning at aol.com wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that you get @ instead of " on a Windows keyboard
> after copying or pasting unicode text? Requires an engine restart to reinstate
> the correct keyboard mapping.
>
> (2.8.1)
>
> /H

I've had the keyboard re-map numerous times, although I have never
stopped to try and figure out what causes it. I've also had it
spontaneously correct itself back after a while. Fortunately my head is
compatible with either layout, due to long-term Mac use. Are you sure
about the cause? Is it repeatable?

I'm not sure if it's an application or an OS problem. This happened to
me in Thunderbird on my XP laptop just yesterday, and a while ago, when
I mentioned it to a Windows-using friend of mine (who has never used
revolution) he said "oh yes it does that, it changes the keyboard
layout" - by "it" he meant Windows).

Martin Baxter