OT: Silverlight - Comments?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jul 19 00:20:52 EDT 2007

> Roughly Drafted
> <http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q2.07/879DD82D-5595
> -4746-BFCE-524BBA7C7A85.html>
> had an interesting article about how Apple had left Flash
> support out of the iPhone deliberately, to reduce dependency
> on a proprietary format. Now it looks as if Microsoft is
> thinking the same way (except for their own .NET stuff of course).

Like using XNA to deliver games on the Zune? ;-)

> I will be interesting to see if it catches on.

If anything, since SJ came back, he has removed every dependency possible,
except for component suppliers. Dependencies get you into trouble again and
again and impacts the value of your stock.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution Ltd