video player time display

Sieg Lindstrom sl at trackandfieldnews.com
Tue Jul 17 14:54:31 EDT 2007

I'm working for the first time with players. I'd like my stack, which will
be used to work with video, to include include a running timer display (in
the format minutes:seconds.tenths of seconds). I know to do the
currentTime/timeScale calculation and then go from there to display in
minutes:seconds.tenths format.

What is the most reasonable condition to trap for to perform the calculation
frequently enough so the display is timely and responsive but doesn't demand
unnecessarily frequent recalculation of the time?

Thanks in advance. I'm really a novice in this area.

Sieg Lindstrom
San Francisco