Paste into field issue

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Jul 17 14:54:21 EDT 2007

Hi Jacque,

I'm using the "Harry Potter" page on wikipedia for test purposes.

By first doing command-A, then judiciously shift-clicking, I have
isolated the source of the problem, unless I screwed it up. It
appears to be the "In Other Languages" sidebar at the far left side
of the page.

It will paste into my email client. It looks like this:

>     * Afrikaans
>     * Alemannisch
>     * العربية
>     * Asturianu
>     * বাংলা
>     * Bân-lâm-gú
>     * Bosanski
>     * Brezhoneg
>     * Български
>     * Català
>     * Česky
>     * Cymraeg
>     * Dansk
>     * Deutsch
>     * Eesti
>     * Ελληνικά
>     * Español
>     * Esperanto
>     * Euskara
>     * فارسی
>     * Føroyskt
>     * Français
>     * Frysk
>     * Gaeilge
>     * Galego
>     * 한국어
>     * हिन्दी
>     * Hrvatski
>     * Ido
>     * Bahasa Indonesia
>     * Íslenska
>     * Italiano
>     * עברית
>     * Latina
>     * Latviešu
>     * Lëtzebuergesch
>     * Lietuvių
>     * Limburgs
>     * Magyar
>     * Bahasa Melayu
>     * Монгол
>     * Nederlands
>     * 日本語
>     * ‪Norsk (bokmål)‬
>     * ‪Norsk (nynorsk)‬
>     * Plattdüütsch
>     * Polski
>     * Português
>     * Română
>     * Русский
>     * Scots
>     * Shqip
>     * Sicilianu
>     * Simple English
>     * Slovenčina
>     * Slovenščina
>     * Српски / Srpski
>     * Srpskohrvatski / Српскохрватски
>     * Suomi
>     * Svenska
>     * Tagalog
>     * தமிழ்
>     * ไทย
>     * Tiếng Việt
>     * Türkçe
>     * ייִדיש
>     * Žemaitėška
>     * 中文

If I try to paste it into Rev, nothing happens.

If I try to copy and paste one line at a time, some lines will paste,
others won't paste, and prevent pasting altogether. I didn't try to
isolate the problem characters exhaustively. The first two lines,
counting from the top, will paste. The third one down won't.

If I copy them from the email client, not from the web page, then
they will paste.

Is this worthy of a report?

Cheers,

Tim