Filtering Columnar Data

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 13:47:01 EDT 2007

This should work quickly enough for you:

filter tmpData with "*"&tab&myNumber&tab&"*"
--     => good  hits + false hits only
set the itemdel to tab
repeat for each line LNN in tmpData
  if item 4 of LNN is myNumber then put LNN & cr after newTempData
end repeat
--     => newTempData should be the hit list

another approach that might help you in some way
sort lines of tmpData numeric by item 4 of each

Jim Ault
Las Vegas