Vista, UAC and Elevation in Rev

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Wed Jul 11 09:17:05 EDT 2007

From: "Dave Cragg" <dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk>

> Thanks for the info. This could be very helpful.

You're most welcome.  There are some other low level ways but I've not seen
(yet) how I can port those to Rev.  Given the nature of some of those I'm
not even sure I should. <g>  We have to remember to be responsible with
these things as if we can do it so can spyware, viruses and other nasties.
The dumb thing about Vista is that when you get the UAC prompt you can't
look it up on the web first to see if it's safe or not.  You have to deny it
and then check and hope you haven't done something wrong.  Not that bad for
most of us here but scary for the average punter.

Cheers

Scott Kane