FTP and HTTP resume?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 08:56:17 EDT 2007

David

For resuming http downloads, take a look at using the Range header in
the httpHeaders. It would look something like this (untried):

   set the httpHeaders to "Range: bytes=1000-1999"

where 1000 is the start offset in the file, and 1999 is the end offset.

Alternatively, you should be able to use a CGI or other server side
process to do this.

For FTP, I don't think this is possible currently with libUrl. I have
done it before using a separate FTP library, but this is in an
unfinished and messy state. If you're interested, let me know and
I'll see if I can dig it out.

Cheers
Dave