implicitVars [Was: Re: Best Practices in Rev development]

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 22:26:25 EDT 2007

On 7/7/07, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> I have a frontscript that lives in a plugin and automatically gets put
> in use whenever I launch Rev. Adding scriptpaint to it was a one-liner,
> I just did it a couple of minutes ago since it seems like such a great
> idea.

--great script snipped

Not only a great script, but in a mild attempt to return to the original
gist of this thread, an outstanding example of how the switch control
structure makes life so easy when you want to come back and add some extra
functionality. Can you imagine what that script would look like if you had
to use if-then-else????

I said it before but I'll say it again, for a newbie, getting to grips with
the switch control structure will very quickly pay dividends in producing
code that is easy to read, understand and modify.

Tereza, good to meet another happy CopyPaste user, in my books it's a 'must
have'.