Monitoring a FileMaker Post

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 6 16:59:28 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm using Revolution to send queries to extract data from a remote
FileMaker database running on a Mac.  The version of FileMaker is 6
Unlimited.  My post is simple.  It looks like this.

post thePost to url theURL

But because I'm often extracting hundreds, if not thousands, of
records with as many as 80 fields, the process can take up to a
minute (life's tough, eh?).  I'd like some feedback on the status of
the connection and the extraction as it's progressing so that I know
that it hasn't died or gone off into outer space.  I noticed that
there are many libURL commands in the documentation, and I'd
appreciate any suggestions as to how to approach this.

Regards,

	Gregory