for anyone curious about Linux byond Ubuntu...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jul 6 09:00:50 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:55:31 +1000, Scott Kane wrote:

> From: "Peter Alcibiades" <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk>
>
>> For anyone curious about Linux, and  who has not yet gone beyond
>> Ubuntu, elive, one of my favourite projects, has just reached their
>> 1.0 release.

Thanks for the link, Peter! I'm going to DL and give it a spin as soon
as I'm able.

> It's interesting and certainly refreshing UI wise compared to other
> nix's. My only gripe (which I also have about Vista) is it seems
> predominently very dark.

Actually, it doesn't look like that at all to me - the video that's
there that shows elive shows dark screens at the beginning, but lighter
ones later on, so I'm sure it's just a theme choice.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/