Two Screen Presentations

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jul 4 01:09:44 EDT 2007

Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> Mark, got it thanks!
>>
>> btw... poking around your web site.... does your multi-media presentation
>> tool box do the two screen thing? ala PowerPoint and KeyNote where
>> the projector plugged into the external monitor (monitor 2)
>> automatically defaults becoming is the primary screen for the viewing
>> audience  and on the actual CPU  internal screen, running the
>> show there are presentor's notes tied to the slide that appears
>> in the external window (projector....)
>>
>> I'm thinking this can be done now with Rev 2 monitor support, but
>> would need to be built from the ground up...
>

> Unfortunately not.  I opened sourced that code though if you are
> interested in playing around with it.  Let me know and I'll send it to you.
>

> Mark Talluto

Sure, I would love to see it..send it along..

But we do need  the 2 screen framework
Our context  always starts out as live presentation.. an actual
presentor is there
looking at the notes on the box which are different than what the audience
sees on the wall. Later these Keynotes are repurposed
  distributed as a QT movie (by doing the presentation w/mic
in a sound booth and saving in SnapZPro as a QT movie)

If, where appropriate,  the whole thing began as a Rev presentation,
we have some very interesting options for turning these into much
richer education modules at much, much smaller files size which
could be driven from either a Windows or Mac Rev player.

I say "where appropriate" because sometimes there's no reason
to reinvent the wheel and KeyNote is perfect and has the GL transitions
glitz.
So, if you are presenting at a conference and the presentation has
a lifetime  of 24 hours... just do it in Keynote. But huge amt of
effort is going into some of these and you cannot even export, edit
and import the presentor's notes in Keynote...