the pencil

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 3 15:14:09 EDT 2007

Andre Garzia wrote:

> I am sure you're actually saying
> ¡Viva la imigrassion!
>
> because that's what you should thank for your good coffee! :-P

FWIW, as a matter of company policy the coffee pot here at the Fourth
World Embassy brews only Fair Trade Certified coffees:

<http://transfairusa.org/>

This helps ensure at least a living wage to all growers and suppliers in
the chain.  The cost is on par with non-certified coffees, and there are
some darn tasty blends available, some from Brazil.

Lately I've even started buying Fair Trade Certified sugar, and I'm told
a local vendor sells Fair Trade Certified chocolate products as well.
Hmmmm... Maybe it's time for me to bake up a batch of Fair Trade
Certified chocolate chip cookies.... :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation