the pencil

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 05:35:06 EDT 2007

Well, the fact that there is some anniversary for
pencils made in The United States of America (that is
what I take Mark Weider to mean; as most citizens of
the USA forget about the other American countries in
their rush to take over the world) is nothing special:
and as a Scot who, like most Scots labours under the
impression that everything was invented in Scotland -
I have to confess that pencils seem to have been
invented in England:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil

No doubt there are also anniversaries in Canada (which
is an American country) for the first kilt sewn in the
Yukon, and the first Gumbo served in Prince Edward
Island; but the modest Canadians forebear!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.