Using Rev to learn CS or How I coded an assembler interpreter in one night.

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jul 2 10:53:49 EDT 2007

Friends,
I wrote a little article about how I coded in less than five hours a simple
Assembly interpreter. I had a problem that in my university they teach us
some Assembly for a simulated machine called SIMx86 that only runs on
windows. I use macs and had no way to study (except watching the powerpoint
presentations on keynote), my assembly examination was approaching so I took
the job of coding myself an intepreter that was compatible with the
instructions of SIMx86 to a level that I was able to run all the examples we
learned in class and experiment on my own.

In the end, I coded it all, it works and it even has a line by line
debugger.

The article is here: http://andregarzia.com/blog/files/aasm.html

Thats one success story of using Revolution in Education :-)

Cheers
andre