crash, crash, crash

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 25 11:26:18 EST 2007

On Jan 25, 2007, at 2:50 AM, Jim Ault wrote:

> As far as the crash problems, this sounds like something strange is
> going
> on.  There are others who are doing unicode and not reporting such
> problems,
> for example Dar Scott, Devin Assay come to mind.

I think this is in fact a Rev bug.  I received an email the other day
from someone using a free trial of one of our programs about a
crash.  He was in Finland and had the following keyboard setup:

- System preferences / International / Language / English
- System preferences / International / Input Menu (= keyboard
layout) / Finnish Extended

He said that typing work fine until he entered the first scandinavic
letter (ex. a-umlaut). He said all text after that will become
strange and also the keyboard layout (in the menubar) tries to change
to british.  If he continues to type in the program it crashes.

I have seen similar behavior when using Russian input but I haven't
tracked down what the problem is yet.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com