Problem with altBrowser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 24 17:17:06 EST 2007

Derek Bump wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> You're right. The downloads have changed since I last looked at them;
>> sorry. I haven't been able to get it to run at all on OS X, to be
>> honest. I need to find out more.
>
> What I have found to work the best with regards to altBrowser2 is to set
> the externals in the stack to "altbrowser2.dll" and then place the
> external directly inside of the Revolution 2.7.4 folder (on Windows).

Okay, I'll look at it again. I need to find which stack in the demo has
its externals property set.

> I would like to see the "My Revolution <edition>" issue squashed, as it
> saves me the hassel of copying all of my plugins and externals from one
> folder to another after each update.

That is the whole idea behind the "My Revolution" folder -- installing
stuff there once will make everything in it available to any version of
Rev you are running (provided it is version 2.7.x and up.) If you
haven't set up that folder yet, I recommend it. Just make a folder
called Extensions inside the "My Revolution <whatever>" folder and dump
your extensions in there. You can also make a folder in the same "My
Rev" folder called "Plugins" and put all your personal plugin stacks in
there. I haven't had to move any files since 2.7 was released. It's a
nice arrangement.

Or did you mean, the Rev installer should create those folders? Agreed.
I think the team is aware of that.

I wonder if this folder arrangement may be thwarting the alt-stacks.
They are installing the externals loose in the Rev folder, and version
2.7 doesn't look for externals there any more. However, it should work
to move the externals to one of the "approved" Externals folders...but
it doesn't. We may need to change the externals path in the demo stack
to accomodate. I'll have to go find that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com