mousemove crash

mark cowhead at mac.com
Tue Jan 9 18:01:56 EST 2007

I've been using Rev 2.03, and was looking forward to finally
upgrading to the latest version, as I like the crispness and
speediness of the latest engine, however, upon downloading the trial,
my very first effort at a simple stack kept crashing.  My second
effort, entirely unrelated to the first, also kept crashing.  At
first I thought it might be a difference between Media & Studio, with
media being more crash-prone, but no, they crash equally.

Then, I thought it was my computer, but no, it crashes the same on a
Powerbook G4, as well as on a PowerMac G4 (both running os 10.4.8).

I now see that both of those crashing initial projects involved a
mouseMove handler.  A simple mouseMove is OK, but if you try to do
this and anything else, eg. load a webpage into a field or draw a
line, it crashes and crashes crashes.... every time.  What's up?  Did
they go and break rev?  Should I wait to see if it gets worse or
better before plopping down my cash?  I NEED mouseMove! (I think ;-) )

Thanks,
mark in Mie, japan