ANN: Vista "Gotchas" You Should Know About

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Feb 23 11:38:40 EST 2007

> Sometimes I wonder if catering to this Window's mess is
> really worth all the effort. After all, Cadillac was
> profitable and viable for years and years by just providing
> the best available car at a premium price to less than 5% of
> the market. Why should we worry about the other 95%?

The problem with being a mac company is that its like riding the effects of
an earthquake at sea - if Apple experiences a 5% drop in Mac sales, you feel
it like its 30%. On the other hand, if Apple comes out with a new feature
and you can leverage that, you can get a great ride out of it.

Having a Windows version, even if you are mostly selling to Mac clients,
also helps to lower barriers to entry - someone cant say "Hey, we have a
hybrid network - what if we need a Windows version in the future?".

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution Ltd