Tri-state checkboxes

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Fri Feb 23 11:32:05 EST 2007

Hi,

Just create a small image and set the contents depending on the state
which you keep in a Custom Property.

Something like this would do it:

on mouseUp
local myCurrentState

put the cpCurrentState of me into myCurrentState
if myCurrentState = empty then
put 0 into myCurrentState
end if

add 1 to myCurrentState
if myState > 3 then
put 1 into myState
end if

switch myCurrentState

case 1
set the fileName of me to "File1"
break

case 2
set the fileName of me to "File2"
break

case 3
set the fileName of me to "File3"
break

end switch

set cpCurrentState of me to myCurrentState
end mouseUp

Of course you don't need to use an image file you could just use an
Icon, but this should serve as a basis.

Hope this Helps
All the Best
Dave