Re-5: Old bug still in Rev 2.8 OSX Chapter 4

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 22 15:20:48 EST 2007

runrev260805 at m-r-d.de wrote:
> Hi,
>

> renaming the "My Revolution Studio" folder in My Documents does not solve the problem.
>
> But there is another Revolution Studio folder under Windows XP
> For german Windows it can found at C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Anwendungsdaten\Runtime Revolution\
> and for english versions the path should be C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Runtime Revolution\
>
> where Administrator should be replaced by the username of course.
>
> Renaming the file "revpreferences.rev" which is located in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Anwendungsdaten\Runtime Revolution\Revolution Studio\Preferences and C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Runtime Revolution\Revolution Studio\Preferences respectively for english windows versions solves the problem here.
>
> The new created revpreferences.rev is 25kb in size. My old file was about 46kb.
>
> Very funny, where all-over Rev Studio stores its files.

Good job! Very interesting. I was having a crash with 2.8 gm-2 that was
also solved by removing the preferences file.

One guess about what might have happened is that there is a script error
in the older prefs file that caused the startup sequence to abort.
Throwing away the prefs and letting Revolution make a new one is a very
easy solution.

You should get a prize for figuring this out. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com