Revmail

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 20:28:49 EST 2007

On 2/18/07 4:41 PM, "cathy1 at optonline.net" <cathy1 at optonline.net> wrote:

> I am in the process of writing a Parent Conference program for my school -
> Greens Farms Academy in Westport CT USA.  I am sending one e-mail at a time to
> a parent with the parent's conference info from my program using Revmail in a
> button script.  I have no problem with it on a Mac; however, when using
> FirstClass on my PC the "e-mail message" does NOT get called.  The FirstClass
> program appears on the screen, but the particular e-mail is NOT "generated".
> Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

My distant memory: FirstClass is not really an email program, but a bulletin
board system.  Messages are distributed to the forums/discussion list.
Emails to the internet are not sent from the user machine, but from the BBS
server.  Your system could be waaaay ahead of what I used to use, so pardon
the lack of current knowledge.

It could be that the program you are running on the PC is the FirstClass
Client and it does not respond to Windows the same way as other email
programs and cannot be set as the default email client on the PC.

Do you have FirstClass as the default email client?  Anyone else get this to
work on their system?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas