Storing arrays in a custom property

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 11:47:40 EST 2007

On 2/18/07 7:14 AM, "Ian McKnight" <iangmcknight at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an array ( tSolnA ) which consists of some 900+ records. Each
> record has between 2 and 14 items of comma separated data associated
> with a unique 4 digit key. As this data will not change when the stack
> is used I had thought of putting the array into a custom property (
> uSolutionList) and either
> 1) accessing individual records directly in the custom property or
> 2) populating a standard array from the custom property at startup.
>
> My problem is storing the array in the first place.
>
> When I try this
>
>   set the uSolutionList of this stack to tSolnA
>
>  I get the following error
>
> Array: bad index expression

I have uploaded a stack (Rev 2.7.2) in the following user area
jault - Custom Property Examples

I put this together quickly for my friend, Bill Vlahos, last week.  This
might help you get past your error.

Just remember, a custom property set *is* an array, so multiple sets are
multiple arrays.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas