Storing arrays in a custom property

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 18 10:14:01 EST 2007

Hi

I have an array ( tSolnA ) which consists of some 900+ records. Each
record has between 2 and 14 items of comma separated data associated
with a unique 4 digit key. As this data will not change when the stack
is used I had thought of putting the array into a custom property (
uSolutionList) and either
1) accessing individual records directly in the custom property or
2) populating a standard array from the custom property at startup.

My problem is storing the array in the first place.

When I try this

  set the uSolutionList of this stack to tSolnA

 I get the following error

Array: bad index expression
--

and when I try this

set the customproperties of this stack to tSolnA

I get the array keys listed as individual custom properties and I can
see the associated value in the properties panel but I can't seem to
access them.

--

Any help would be very appreciated as I don't want to resort to
storing the data in invisible fields!

Thanks.

Regards

Ian