Built-in patterns

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Feb 9 10:31:06 EST 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:06 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I've got a graphic with its foregroundpattern set to 9, one of the
> built-in patterns in the IDE. I always thought these were part of
> the engine. But when I build a standalone, there's problems.
>
> On OS X, the graphic draws pure white. On Windows, it crashes the
> whole app the moment I make the graphic visible.
>
> It looks like the patterns are not being included in the
> standalone. Anyone have experience with this? Am I going to have to
> hunt down the pattern and include a copy in my stack? The
> standalone builder doesn't have an option to copy them over, and to
> be honest, I always thought that was unnecessary.

Jacque,

I could swear that an earlier version of the Standalone Builder
allowed you to include the standard image and pattern libraries. I
posed a question about this a few months ago, but didn't get any
response. I think it's needed, because if you use images or patterns
from the "standard" or even *shudder* Metcard libraries ;-) they
disappear in the standalone.

If this isn't done already, I'll submit a feature enhancement to
QCzilla. Anybody know anything about this?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University