Multi-user stack question

Jim Schaubeck schaubeck at mac.com
Fri Feb 9 03:08:11 EST 2007

Thanks everyone for helping with this!  I didn't know the first thing
about databases but with your help, some reading and many hours of
keyboard time, I ended up using mysql on a mac-mini.  I must
say...this program does rock!  Did you ever just get darn proud of
getting something working?  very cool...the problem is find cooler to
add and I don't finish the details of the last feature I was working
on...I have to set deadlines for myself.

I using Navicat to make MySQL a bit easier to work with (there's free
tools but I'm green enough).  I had to work out some firewall issues
and VPN stuff causing error msgs but got past that (I work for Cisco
and there's no shortage of folks around to help with that!)
I saw Trevor's stack but I stuck with standard SQL code in RunRev.
So far, I'm just using SELECT/WHERE, ADD, DELETE,  UPDATE/SET.  The
rest of the work of editing, searching, etc is done via RunRev once I
have the data from the table.  RunRev does all of the heavy lifting.

Thanks again folks !!  You are very helpful.  I hope I can give back
to this list some day,
Jim