Creating Audio Clips

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 21:26:11 EST 2007

On 2/8/07 4:25 PM, "Phil Davis" <revdev at pdslabs.net> wrote:
> Devin Asay wrote:
>> On Feb 8, 2007, at 8:10 AM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>>> Mark, I assume you're poking fun? If not, tell me more.
>> He's totally serious, despite the smiley. See the record sound file
>> command in the Rev dictionary. I also have a basic introduction to the
>> record command at http://revolution.byu.edu/audio/audioIntro.html.
>> It works pretty well, but has a couple of quirks.
>
> I agree with Devin - it works well enough to be quite useful.
> Using Rev's recording suite, I added a popup recording window to an app one
> client uses to develop training packages. It saved them tons of time by
> letting
> them record voice audio at the exact training screen where it was needed, and
> "attaching" it to the screen. It completely eliminated all other steps they
> used
> to go through to get audio files into their training packages.
>
> Now I'm their hero!  :o)

I agree with you, Phil
This is how I record annotations for some web content I want to use in the
future.  I save the audio file in an "audio folder" in the same folder as
the web assets, and time stamp it by  (the seconds &

--start button script
on mouseup
  put the filename of this stack into thisPath
  set the itemdel to "/"
  delete the last item of thisPath
  put the seconds & "snd.aiff" into FN
  put thisPath & "/" & FN into pathFN
  answer "Are you ready to record ?  "& pathFN
  record sound file pathFN
  --optional: make the sound of a ticking clock
  --so that the user knows that studio time is
  --very expensive
end mouseup

--stop btn script
on mouseup
  stop recording
end mouseup

I am sure that Devin's version of things is much better and complete, since
this is something I did about 2 years ago and need to get back to.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas