Click of field

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Feb 8 12:19:08 EST 2007

Le 8 févr. 07 à 14:37, Jeff Honken a écrit :

> I have a multiline field that I would like to send a click to the
> first
> line of it when it gets the focus.  I'm using "focus on fld "ABC""
> to go
> to the field and it highlights that first line but I need it to
> click on
> it too.  Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?

Hi,
The following seems to work :

find line 1 of fld "champ"
click at the foundLoc
find empty    --to stay in this field

I created a new stack with a fied "champ" (list behavior , multiLine)
including several lines of text.
and a button with a mouseUp handler containing  the preceeding 3 lines.

As a test, I set the textStyle of line 1 of fld "champ" to "link" and
In the script of the field "champ", I put the following handler:

on linkClicked thetext
   if theText is not empty then beep 3 --put cr & theText after fld
"essai2"
end linkClicked

Well, I get the beeps :-)

Hope this helps