Memory Problem?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Feb 6 22:16:25 EST 2007

Peter, I have an application that copies alot of 3 to 8 MB files.
Since it inevitably takes a long time, I tried buffer sizes from 1k
up to the whole file. The fastest, though not by a huge amount, was
around 32k. There didn't seem to be any noticable disc thrashing.
This was from disc to disc,though, not partition to partition.

I'd imagine it also depends on the particular computer and discs.

best,

Mark Smith