OT: Quicktime Streaming Server on LInux

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Feb 1 23:29:36 EST 2007

>All insights welcome
>
>I don't see any solution on the horizon for our "Rich Media"
>delivery troubles where
>we are not able to get either a Revolution player OR a web browser
>with QT plug

Whoa, all this time I thought you WERE using QT streaming server.

One thing I might suggest - try getting a "Code Monster" account at
Dreamhost.com. Among the many 'goodies' offered is a real Quicktime
streaming server, and you could AT LEAST fiddle with that and see if
it helps. Depending on your bandwidth needs, this might be all you
need -- you could get this account for $20/month. At least it's
pretty cheap to try.

If your bandwidth (quantity,n-tier) needs are greater, you should
still contact them.. they DO have pretty good bandwidth policies.
--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o