Reinventing the wheel . . . HC and RR

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 02:29:05 EST 2007

This is something that I believe cannot be restated
often enough:

If you have a coding problem there is an extremely
good chance that somebody has faced the same problem,
and solved it, before.

Recently I was stuck with a small question, and having
decide to 'fast' from the RunRev Use-List for a month,
I searched the internet under 'Hypercard' (no, surely
not, how incredibly imaginative!) and found 3
different Hypercard stacks that performed what I
wanted to perform. I had to twiddle around with the
code a tiny bit - but only enough to make me grateful
that somebody else had already done the work for me.

Needless-to-say I started my 'journey' at Mark'
Pantechnicon:

http://pan.uqam.ca/pan/pmwiki.php/HyperCard/HomePage

which takes a lot of beating.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

Save the last dance for me, and don't slip in the dogs mess on
the way over to take my hand.