Packages (was: copy large files in Rev on Mac)

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 07:21:16 EST 2007

On 7 Dec 2007, at 10:41, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Kay and Ian,
>
> Perhaps you both, being such fans of the simplicity and elegance of
> bundles, wouldn't mind starting a revLibrary which provides file
> operations on files/folders/bundles and share it with us less
> enlightened?
[...]
> Here are some I'd like to see implemented, and might provide you a
> start...

Sounds like a good idea to me, and the NewDelete functions would be
useful to anyone on *any* platform as a workaround versus the dreaded
'kill the HD' bug.

> get theNewFiles()
> get theNewFolders()

I think the starting point for these two would be something like:

get theNewContent()

which would return:
filenameA	folder
filenameB	bundle
filenameC	file
filenameD	file
filenameE	bundle
filenameF	folder

Which itself could start from some kind of whatIsThis() function?

theNewFiles() and theNewFolders() would then be a couple of lines.

> NewCopyFile pStartPath,pDestinationPath
>
> which copies files and folders which are supposed to be
> files...keeping their creator and type codes intact.
>
> (is this the same as a revCopyFile?)

Yes, that's what revCopyFile will do currently.