Resolved--> Re: Bug prevents Rev from building a standalone PC application

Arthur Rann arthur.rann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:24:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

First, thank you everyone who tried to help. In the end, it turned out
to be something really quite weird.

Since a few other people are seeing this bug creep up, I thought I'd
post how I fixed it (at least here).

Of course, I tried removing this, that, and the other, until I was
left with a single card, with no scripts, no custom properties, nada.
At that point, it was exactly the same as a blank, empty project.
Except the name.

The name was set to 'test.rev', which is the correct name of the
stack. On a whim, I changed it to get rid of the '.rev' at the end, in
the stack properties. I saved it, and it 'stuck'. I built, and wow--it
builds! Only now, after it builds, the build process appears to rename
it 'test.rev'. I don't get it. This isn't in the Finder, btw, the name
there is always test.rev. I'm talking about the stack properties
window.

But now I know, if I want it to build, I have to rename it first. I
have since retried this with the other demos, and they all build now,
too. It seemed the simple act of opening the demo projects, and
pasting text in, was enough to make Rev rename that stack property. I
don't understand how, but it did. And ever since then, it's gone
downhill.

So now I have more questions than I had before, but at least it's
working. So if you're having this problem, try changing the name of
the stack in the stack properties window to not include the .rev
extension and see if it builds that way. It does here!

Thanks,
Art