Revcon Las Vegas

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Aug 7 12:27:59 EDT 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 11:58 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> Richard, you are always echoing my thoughts in this regard!
>
> I remember when the old highway did NOT wind through red rock canyon,
> and instead wound through every little podunk town all the way up to
> Salt Lake City (where I was born and where my parents were born).
>
> Also -- Las Vegas is a short drive from Zion National Monument -- also
> very beautiful.
>
> Still, I shall miss Monterey.  Even the Monterey in California as
> opposed to Mexico (where my last RevConWest hotel arrangements were
> made).
>
> Judy
>
> On 4/3/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>> Stephen Barncard wrote:
>>> Am I the only one that is not looking forward to a Revcon in Las
>>> Vegas?
>>> I personally don't like the glitz and the crowds...
>>
>> Vegas isn't my first choice either, but it has one thing going for
>> it --
>>    it's a short drive from Red Rock Canyon, nearly 200,000 acres of
>> desert wilderness:
>>
>> <http://www.americansouthwest.net/nevada/red_rock_canyon/nca.html>
>> <http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/>
>>
>> Mark Weider, Tariel Gogoberidze, and others have expressed an
>> interest
>> in a desert campout following the conference.
>>
>> So in keeping with the tradition of making Yahoo groups for every
>> little
>> thing, I've made a new group for planning this adventure:

>> The group is open to anyone interested in attending.
>>
>> If you love the desert and can deal with sub-freezing desert nights,
>> this should be a good time.

If anyone is interested in getting a bird's eye view of the area, I
will be flying in on a Cessna 182.  I would enjoy giving anyone a
ride if they are willing to split the costs.  I pay $110/hour and the
plane holds 4 adults.  That means we can get the cost down to about
$28.00/person/Hobbs hour (about 50 minutes in people hours).

If you are interested, let me know.  If you are not so sure, maybe
you will change your mind at the show.  We just need to decide when
to fly.  Night flights are possible too.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com