Substacks vs. Backgrounds

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue Aug 7 12:27:04 EDT 2007

Actually, backgrounds/groups can make excellent dialogs, forms or
floating palettes, as long as they stay within the window bounds of
the stack. They are faster loading than an equivalent stack and they
can have the advantage of being on the same card, which makes
addressing simpler.

On the mac, the border feature on a group wil make a very attractive
round rect panel for you.  They can also be partially transparent. A
transparent button set to the screenrect can provide modality.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o