Drawers

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Tue Apr 24 03:29:41 EDT 2007

Mike et all,

Have you by chance discovered a work-around for the drawer problem
under OSX 10.3.x ?  It still exists in the latest Beta (though there
are now 3 bug reports... 4739, 3508 <unconfirmed> and 4056 <duplicate>)

on April 14, 2007 Scott Morrow lamely wrote:
> <snip> It was reported as a bug.  I also seem to remember that
> using the exact language from the Rev Documentation Dictionary
> solved a problem </snip>

In revisiting this recently it seems that I was mistaken about the
language workaround (my apologies) and that for this application I
was only using 2.7.4 for Windows and to deploy as an Intel Mac
build... as that OS isn't effected by the bug.  Otherwise I'm still
using 2.6.1 for Mac applications that use drawers.    For OS9 and
Windows versions of the application I'm using a drawer simulation by
resizing the stack but it seems a shame to fake it in OSX when native
drawers are so excellent at what they do.

sigh

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)