Obtaining the size of a file

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Apr 23 18:22:45 EDT 2007

John,

I hate to keep the thread going, but what was the objection to using a shell
call? You can easily get a directory listing with filters and even hide the
shell window ... might be faster than the other approaches if you're talking
about a huge list of "the detailed files." And, instead of calling it once
every iteration of a loop, you could do a "dir /s" to grab a whole tree and
then process it with Rev's chunk expressions before you start looping.

- Bill

news:462D2C5F.8030100 at spl21.net...