Obtaining the size of a file

John Craig jc at spl21.net
Mon Apr 23 17:59:59 EDT 2007

Hi, Stephen.  I'm very comfortable with rev.  It became my 'weapon of
choice' very quickly once I discovered it.

economic: using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness

One example is needing the size of a file in a folder of thousands.
Creating the output generated by 'the files' is not economical in this case.
However, as discussed in the thread, the same output can facilitate a
speedy routine if the entire output is required.  Both have merit.
I had already 'rolled my own' as I didn't see another option, but
wondered if there was another way I hadn't discovered - hence the
original post.

JC