problems with grouped images

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Apr 23 10:34:29 EDT 2007

On Mon Apr 23, 2007, Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com wrote:

> Wilhelm,
>
> Did you try checking the vscroll and hscroll of the group before and
> after setting the loc of the image? I seem to recall they might be
> involved in getting this to work.
>
> best, Chipp

Chipp,

When the image in the group is smaller than the grouprect, hscroll and
vscroll are always 0 irrespective of where the image is located.

I now found a workaround for setting and keeping the image at the loc of
the group: I placed a field the size of the grouprect into the group and
"set the loc of image "x" to the loc of field "centerfield"". This works
and also prevents the dislocation of the image to the topleft of the
group when the imagedata are changed.

Though, it remains a mystery - this must be a bug - that setting the loc
of a smaller image (or for that matter of the topleft of the image to
some saved topleft before) is not possible and that after changing the
imagedata of a smaller image that was centered by "move" it snaps back
to the topleft of the group.

Thus we have a workaround and a remaining problem that is most certainly
an engine problem.--

Any ideas how to tackle the second imagegroup problem I reported in my
first post in this thread, namely how to draw graphics on a grouped image?

Best regards,

Wilhelm