[OT] Printer Servers and Mac 10.4 ?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 20:08:38 EDT 2007

Hiya,

Does the print server have a default IP address? Check the docs. If
so, you might not see it if it doesn't belong to the same subnet the
rest of your puters are on.
What you'd then need to do is connect the ethernet directly onto your
puter and assign the puter an IP address in the same subnet as the
print server (Mac should be ok with any patch cable, Win PC might
need a crossover ethernet cable): Assuming the print server has a
config server, you then put the print server's IP address into a
browser and change it's IP address to fall within the range of your
network (then change your puter's IP address back to how it was).
I'd not recommend a print server on DHCP unless your IP address pool
is small and it's lease time is several years...

If it's still as clear as Ribena, let me know.

Cheers,

Luis.