OT Applescript utility for Photoshop

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 15:24:55 EDT 2007

Since there are Mac users who build Applescript tools to add to their
workflow while using Rev, I thought I would mention a two-part utility that
I just put together for my workflow.  I am using Rev to manipulate images
and to direct Photoshop actions.
----
Part 1 - writes a text file that contains the full path of each open
document in Photoshop to the desktop.

Part 2 - reads a text file and opens the list of documents in Photoshop.
Actually, it tells the Finder to open the document in the default app, and
in this case, PS is the default app.
----
Part 1 is an app that I run using a double-click.  It writes a file named
"PShopSession.txt" to the desktop, and I can then rename it if I wish.

Part 2 is a drag-drop app that will read the text file dragged, then open
the listed documents in Photoshop.  If Photoshop is not launched, it will be
launched.

My goal is to have several of these text files that point to my library of
images and icons.  It is very easy to create a collection by opening the
images in Photoshop, running Part 1, then rename the text file to what you
wish and moving it into a folder of your choice.

Contact me off list if you are interested and I can send you the code and
the apps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas